Fall is closer than you think, and this is why should start making your travel plans; we can only hope that the COVID-19 will be a thing of the past by then. Even if your travel plans aren’t for the coming Fall season, this article is still for you.
There is a huge chance that you have heard of Bermuda, come on, who hasn’t? As far back as 1910, Mark Twain wrote in a letter while he was visiting Bermuda: “You go to heaven if you want to, I’d rather stay here.” There’s no doubt Bermuda is a beautiful place, in fact in 2015 it was voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as one of the top 5 Islands in the world; also, the National Geographic Traveler ranked the Island as one of the places to see in 2016.
Bermuda is a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, notable for its pink beaches and exotic life.
But it’s not just the beauty, there are a ton of other reasons why you should visit Bermuda. Still conflicted? Check out these reasons:
- BEACHES: It’s no new information that Bermuda has one of the best beaches in the entire world. If you are a fan of pink, sandy beaches, swimming in the ocean, snorkeling; then Bermuda is the place to be. Several magazines have mentioned several beaches in Bermuda on a list of beaches everyone should see before they die. The south shore beaches are the most popular in this British Island Territory. The most beautiful beaches include the Jobson’s Cove, the West Whale beach and so on.
- GREAT FOR WATER SPORTS: Due to the fact that Bermuda has some of the most beautiful beaches and body of water around the world, water sports aren’t hard to come by. Do you enjoy diving? Or exploring the underwater world of coral beefs, marine life, and shipwrecks? If you enjoy any of these activities, Bermuda is just the right holiday location for you. The little Island also allows you to swim in grottos (attractive small caves) which are exquisitely painted and crafted to make more beautiful.
A popular spot is the Prospero’s & Cathedral Caves; be sure you don’t miss out on this!
- HOTELS: When you go on a vacation, you deserve a time so good that you’d look forward to the next holiday season. That’s what the hotels in Bermuda guarantee you, a great time! Hotels such as the Hamilton Princess Hotel has gone through a renovation of $100 million, and this is obvious in its grand design of the hotel. This renovation has seen the establishment of new features for travelers such as world-standard dining restaurants, art collection galleries, spa, an infinity pool and so on. You just can’t afford to miss all of these.
Also, you don’t have to break the bank to find a hotel that meets your needs; there are several hotels that offer standard services for affordable prices.
- EXOTIC AND DIVERSE CUISINES: Whenever you travel, are you one who enjoys eating fresh and exotic dishes? Whether you are one or not, Bermuda has a place for you! There are several cuisines in this island that a vegan or vegetarian can subscribe to. If you enjoy meat, there are also options for you. Also, these meals are nutritious and tasty at the same time. There are also a ton of drinks you can pick from, the cocktails in this Island are one of the best in the world, make sure you don’t forget to try the Dark ’n’ Stormy cocktail!
- FRIENDLY CITIZENS: Are you worried about how the people of Bermuda would take your arrival? Well, I’ve brought good news: Bermuda is an Island filled with one of the world’s most friendly people, a mixed population of black and white, who exist side by side in peace. No matter your race, you will be welcome in Bermuda.
- TOURIST ATTRACTION CENTERS: What’s a vacation location without enough tourist attractions? Paris has the Eiffel Tower, England has its medieval buildings, and Bermuda has the Bermuda Aquarium, the St. Catherine Fort, Dolphin Quest, Maritime Museum, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and so on.
- WEATHER IN BERMUDA: In Bermuda, the weather remains mild and temperate all year round; this means it isn’t too cold or too hot. Come to think of it; you are working with a budget and you need to leave your current space for a vacation, Bermuda is a reliable option, considering how friendly the weather is, it offers zero-costs experiences you can have such as hiking, camping and outdoor games. The hottest part of the year in Bermuda falls between the months of May and mid-October, this can be used to even plan your Fall vacation.
- GOLFING: If you enjoy golfing, Bermuda has one of the most beautiful golf courses in the world. Due to the current increase in tourists, there are now various competitions available to golfers — tourist and citizens. The golf courses also offer great scenery and ocean views that look like heaven. You really don’t want to miss this.
- PROXIMITY TO THE US: There’s a common misconception on how far Bermuda actually is. In reality, the Island of Bermuda isn’t that far away from the United States. The distance between these two locations is approximately 2,800 kilometers, and a journey will typically take around 2 hours!
- A TOUCH OF HISTORY: St. George is the first permanent settlement on the Island, and it is a great spot to begin learning the history of this beautiful island. In St. George, you’d also see buildings that date back centuries such as the 1707 Bridge House, which is one of the oldest houses in the city. This also gives tourists an opportunity to interact with the locals who are usually more than ready to share the history of their Island.
The Island of Bermuda is a dreamy reality, an island bathed in natural beauty and technological advancement. This is surely the right place for you to visit this fall!